Friday 21 February 2014

Gesso, Gelato, and Stencil Technique

I can't help but rejoice over this video actually downloading for me. I have had nothing but difficulty with my last 3 video's. I will try and get those others to download again. Anywho, this is such a nice technique for a background to your cards. It is also a wonderful way to experiment with Gesso, on a small scale, if you are thinking about doing some mixed media, but found the process of doing it on a canvas a bit intimating....smiles. I know this will be fun for the first time user of Gesso. I used Tim Holtz paint daubers to stamp with. You can use any inexpensive paints to do this as well. I love the texture it brings to a watercolor look. It is a change to stamping with ink, and gives you a wonderful background of color. I like the Gelato paints too! You get a mixture of vibrant color on this black card stock. The Gorgeous Grunge Stamp Set by Stampin Up is a great choice to add the feel of water colour, and the look of grunge, all at the same time. I had to distress the edges though, hahaha to bring the grunge look to the card stock. I hope that you will give this technique a try, and see what you can come up with. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment