Thursday 7 November 2013

Watercolour Technique .....Church in the Wildwood Card......Part 1 of 2


Thank you for joining me in my Craft Room today! This Whiff of Joy Church Stamp is absolutely beautiful, and it really set the scene of a "Church in the Wildwood". There were many elements to this card, starting with the fussy cutting on 81/2 x 11  Post It Note sheets,  I stamped the image on.  I used SU's "Lovely As A Tree"  Stamp Set, stamping all images first with Versa Mark, then adding to it some clear embossing powder, then,  positioning my Stamp-a-ma Jig over the clear embossed Church image, I  placed the Stayzon black ink directly on top.  Using the fussy cut Church "Post It Note" image, to set it on the stamped image, as I stamped the trees in the background. Water colouring with Tim Holtz Markers, really set the images in place using the Strathmore Water colour paper. I used Tombo Mono Multi CLEAR glue to adhere the snow glitter to the ground spaces. The roof of the Church was cut from a piece of water colour paper,  embossed with Tim Holtz "BRICK" embossing folder,  I glued it to the existing roof,  for a more 3 dimensional brick look. To add to the Christmas winter scene.  Adding the Appliqué , when heated with the heat tool, puffs up to a wonderful realistic snow affect.  Unfortunately, this card had to go into a 2 Part Video, but, the end result for me, was worth going into another part.....SMILES...I loved making this card, and filming it for you today. I hope you will watch the completion of it!......  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment