Friday 21 March 2014

Nursery Room Birch Tree

This was what I was doing this morning. Our grandson is due the first week in May, so I was in charge of free hand drawing of a Birch tree. Our son, and daughter-in-law, have so many cute idea's in the works. I started with painting the grey area with one of my 4 sizes of brushes. As you can see, I'm only 1/3 of the way up the trunk, adding texture with grey, white, and black acrylic paints. I'm going to complete it tomorrow. I need to make it whiter, and add more texture, but, with my wrists being in the braces, this was all I could accomplish today! Smiles ... I added the texture with old iTunes cards, in various sizes. I cut then in thirds, for the branch area's, and the main trunk I used the full card to apply the needed textures. They are hanging two bird houses, from two of the branches as night lights...the room has a hunting theme, and will be simply an ALL BOY room, that's for sure!...lol I will post some pics of the finished tree. It's a challenging project, because it's directly painted on the wall, with just a Nana trying to make it look like a Birch tree...haha...I figured, if I make a mistake with the paint, I'll just make a branch out of it!!!....They are trusting me to make it as realistic as I can! Hey, it's only a tree, right???

No comments:

Post a Comment