Wednesday 3 September 2014

Japanese Maple Part 2 of 2

Thank you for joining me in my Craft Room today, and was it hot!..lol...I can't believe what happened with this tile today! It was not coming together, no matter how hard I tried to get the look of the Japanese Maple to come to life on the tile with the Alcohol Inks. Phew, that was a mouthful....lol...It seemed to spread itself uncontrollably, and after I got thinking about it, I really believe the heat played a big part in the results today! It was not as thick as it usually is when I'm pouring it on the tile, which was warmer due to the heat of the room...lol...I'm not totally satisfied with the results because of this! I ended up using acrylic paint, which would not have been a choice, if the alcohol inks were behaving....smiles! However, I always come away from my projects learning what to do next, and what not to do! Haha...In this scenario however, I should have used the acrylic paint for the leaves as well, to tie it together texturally! I will try this again, using swans, and lily pads as my focal points! One thing I can tell you about this technique, and that is....ONCE YOU TRY IT...YOURE HOOKED!  Thanks for meeting with me in my Craft Room! Please Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment